What is love? ( No not the old 90s dance song)
I asked the age old question to a couple (ok more than a couple) of my friends and I got some interesting answers. All names have been changed to protect the (ahem) identity of them.
- Something very crazy... It’s umm what do I say... Feeling made up by everyone to justify not calling what they feel for the opposite sex as lust or an urge to mate perhaps? - Frou Frou
- Love was when ... Adam stole the forbiden fruit for Eve. Love is when he gave up heavens to make her happy. Love is when nothing else matters. Love is never jealous nor is it needy, but love is insatiable. Love is when you see her go wow! Love is the fire that burns more when in absence. - The Masked Avenger.
- It’s a simple 4 letter word in the English dictionary. - Skeith.
- Whatever you make of it. It’s a vague notion to define attraction. - Sensei
- Depends on who’s asking I guess... - Some Ah
- Love is what makes a man feel really, really alive. It's positive, lovely and makes no sense at all. - Bengali
- Love is life? - Cherry
- Caring. Honesty. Loving. Forgiving. Fun. Sexy. Sharing etc = LOVE – Knight
- Beautiful at first... but painful in the end? – Bills.
- Is the attraction towards a thing or a being that defines ones perception of the other and determines ones demeanor towards the afore said.. Resulting in a complex social relationship; be it positive or negative. positive being romantic caring and selfless... negative being obsessive and selfish... – Sunshine
- Love is what u feel in your heart that gets u emotionally and physically attached to it... um... Confused with lust... love is more like a risk that u get into. It’s just a mind game between your heart and your brain. Sometimes your brain tells u something else while your heart wants something else.The feeling in your heart, that u risk yourself for others; your family / your friends or girlfriend boyfriend... the feelings that all comes out FROM YOUR HEART.... not your brain... that’s LOVE... - Wheels
- Unconditional affection and companionship – Ania
- I can give you an analogy. Say you want to buy a DVD player...the main purpose of buying it, would be to play DVDs that can be done if there was only a play button on it...without rewind and things. but you would go for the one with the most functions that would ease your viewing experience. Also lets not forget you'd go for a durable one.but I recently found out there is something else too. That there is a feeling... - Twitterpated.